Around the beginning of Summer 2017, I co-organized with my friend, Aseel Addawood, a Twitter Q&A session under the topic “Summer is around the corner: how to improve your technical skills through self learning”. This Q&A session was hosted online in Twitter with the hashtag #AskArabWIC on June 11th for one hour at 10pm Saudi Time.
The session hosted five panelists with a variety of backgrounds. Here is the list of panelists:
- Ahad Aljarf, PhD – PhD in Steganography | Cofounder of @Re7latAltaghier and @qyamk
- Salaha Alzahrani, PhD – Vice-Dean of Postgraduate Studies at Taif University| Advisory Board of @ArabWIC_KSA
- Nour Alkhalil – Service Delivery Manager at Bayt.com|VP of Technology at ArabWIC |Website Coordinator at @ArabWIC_KSA
- Ohoud Alshwkani – Computer programmer at KKU_IT | Ambassador at @ArabWIC_KSA
- Walaa Alshuail – System Engineer |Founder of SpaceHubs.net |Ambassador at @ArabWIC_KSA
The panelists have shared their experiences in professional development, describing learning resources and providing recommendations for the audience on ways to develop capacity in technical domains. This online Q&A panel was well received in our local community, with a great deal of interaction from the attendees on social media. You can follow the coverage of the chat on the hashtag: #AskArabWIC.